*Certification is accepted through EPA reciprocity in GA, PA, & WA. CHC Training is not an approved local training provider in GA, PA, & WA.
The objective of the eight hour AHERA Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor Refresher Course is to review the relevant and important information given in the Contractor/Supervisor Initial training course, to provide any current or up-to-date information regarding any regulatory changes, changes in state-of-the-art work practices, and/or any other changes to the Contractor/Supervisor discipline.
The course will be presented 100% online through slides and interactive modules. A computer with reliable internet access and speakers are required. Course cannot be taken on a tablet or phone. Upon completion, students will receive a digital copy of their certification (within 24 hours), the hard copy will follow in the mail in 2 business days.
A hard copy of the textbook is included with price of tuition, student will be required to supply a mailing address.
- The Physical Characteristics of Asbestos and Asbestos-containing Materials
- Potential Health Effects Related to Asbestos Exposure
- Respiratory Classes and Characteristics
- Legal and Insurance Considerations
- Contracts and Specifications
- Asbestos Abatement Pre-work Activities
- Confining and Minimizing Airborne Fibers
- Cleaning up the Work Area & Lockdown Procedures
- Sampling and Analytical Methods Pertaining to Asbestos Abatement
- Waste Disposal
- Additional Hazards Encountered During Abatement
- Glovebag Techniques
- Recordkeeping and Supervisory Practices
- Regulatory Update
Course valid for abatement work in AK, AL, AZ, GA*, IA, ID, KS, NV, OK, PA*, WA* and WY (more states pending).
AHERA – Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Title II)
ASHARA – Asbestos School Hazard Abatement Reauthorization Act of 1990
EPA – Model Accreditation Plan (MAP), Worker Protection Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart G, Asbestos-containing Materials in School Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart E
OSHA – Asbestos Construction Standard 29 CFR 1926.58, Asbestos General Standard 29 CFR 1910.1001, Respirator Requirements 29 CFR 1910.134
NESHAP – National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants 40 CFR Part 61, Subpart M