*Certification is accepted through EPA reciprocity even though CHC Training is not an approved local training provider. View our certification and approvals page here.
The objective of the eight hour AHERA Asbestos Abatement Worker Refresher Course is to review the relevant and important information given in the Asbestos Worker Initial training course, to provide any current or up-to-date information regarding any regulatory changes, changes in state-of-the-art work practices, and/or any other changes to the Asbestos Worker discipline.
The course will be presented 100% online through slides and interactive modules. A computer with reliable internet access and speakers are required. Course cannot be taken on a tablet or phone. Upon completion, students will receive a digital copy of their certification (within 24 hours), the hard copy will follow in the mail in 2 business days.
A hard copy of the textbook is included with price of tuition, student will be required to supply a mailing address.
- The Physical Characteristics of Asbestos and Asbestos-containing Materials
- Potential Health Effects Related to Asbestos Exposure
- Respiratory Classes and Characteristics
- Asbestos Abatement Pre-work Activities
- Confining and Minimizing Airborne Fibers
- Cleaning up the Work Area & Lockdown Procedures
- Sampling and Analytical Methods Pertaining to Asbestos Abatement
- Waste Disposal
- Additional Hazards Encountered During Abatement
- Glovebag Techniques
Federal Regulations Satisfied:
AHERA – Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Title II)
ASHARA – Asbestos School Hazard Abatement Reauthorization Act of 1990
EPA – Model Accreditation Plan (MAP), Worker Protection Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart G, Asbestos-containing Materials in School Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart E
OSHA – Asbestos Construction Standard 29 CFR 1926.58, Asbestos General Standard 29 CFR 1910.1001, Respirator Requirements 29 CFR 1910.134
NESHAP – National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants 40 CFR Part 61, Subpart M