Lead Risk Assessor Initial 16hrsThursday, September 28 - Friday, September 29
Course Length: 16 Hours
The objective of the two-day EPA Lead Risk Assessor course is to prepare students for a position as a lead risk assessor.
Pre-requisite: MUST be a current Lead Inspector
- Background Information Regarding the Use of Lead
- Locating Lead in Various Building Components
- The Potential Health Effects related to Lead Exposure
- Sources of Lead Contamination
- Preliminary Contact with the Dwelling Owner
- Visual Examination
- Dust Sampling
- Lead in Soil
- Sampling Deteriorated Paint and Reviewing XRF Reports
- Water Sampling
- Lead Hazard Screens
- Procedures for Assessing Multi-Family Properties
- Developing a Hazard Control Option Plan
- Ongoing Monitoring
- Performing Risk Assessments for Housing with Children who have elevated Blood Lead Levels
- Owner/Occupant Relations
- Report Preparation
- Regulation #19 Review
EPA – Lead; Requirements for Lead-Based Paint Activities in Target Housing and Child-Occupied Facilities; Final Rule 40 CFR Part 745
OSHA – Lead in General Industry 29 CFR 1910.1025, Lead in Construction 29 CFR 1926.62, Respirator Requirements 29 CFR 1910.134
CDPHE – Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, Regulation No. 19
HUD – Guidelines for the Evaluation and Control of Lead-Based Paint Hazards in Housing, Second Edition (2012), pursuant to Section 1017 (Title X) of the Residential Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Act of 1992.
The material will be presented through various media types including: lectures, slide presentations, videos, and printed material. Hands-on exercises involving interpretation of an XRF report and walking a deteriorated area to determine hazard control options are incorporated into the training to familiarize the student with the practical aspects of performing a lead risk assessment.
Enroll in Lead Risk Assessor Initial 16hrs
Submit your review
I took both the Lead-Based Paint Inspector (November 2016) and Risk Assessor Initial and both were excellent training course. Instructors shared their industry experience and go out of their way to make sure that you understand the material and also prep you for the exam.
Great facility, company and course.
Lauren is great