Lead Inspector Refresher 8hrsWednesday, January 4
Course Length: 8 Hours
The objective of the Lead Inspector Refresher course is to review the relevant and important information given in the Lead Inspector Initial training course, and to provide any current or up-to-date information regarding any regulatory changes, changes in state-of-the-art work practices, and/or any other changes to the Lead Inspector discipline.
- Background Information Regarding the Use of Lead
- Locating Lead in Various Building Components
- Sources of Lead Contamination
- The Potential Health Effects related to Lead Exposure
- Regulatory Review of OSHA, the EPA, and Title X
- Theory and Use of X-Ray Fluorescence Analyzers
- Liability and Insurance Issues
- Lead-Based Paint Testing Operations
- Visual Inspection
- Dust Sampling for Lead Contamination
- Soil Sampling for Lead Contamination
- Sample Analysis and Laboratory Accreditation
- Data Evaluation and Report Preparation
- Regulation #19 Review
EPA – Lead; Requirements for Lead-Based Paint Activities in Target Housing and Child-Occupied Facilities; Final Rule 40 CFR Part 745
OSHA – Lead in General Industry 29 CFR 1910.1025, Lead in Construction 29 CFR 1926.62, Respirator Requirements 29 CFR 1910.134
CDPHE – Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, Regulation No. 19
HUD – Guidelines for the Evaluation and Control of Lead-Based Paint Hazards in Housing, Second Edition (2012), pursuant to Section 1017 (Title X) of the Residential Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Act of 1992.
The material will be presented through various media types including: lectures, slide presentations, videos, and printed material.
Enroll in Lead Inspector Refresher 8hrs
Submit your review
The humor made the course work bearable. Much appreciated!
- Large book has print that hard to see/hard. 2. Great discussion on scenarios/things we experienced in the field.