Lead Inspector Initial 24hrsMonday, May 15 - Wednesday, May 17
Course Length: 24 Hours
The objective of the three-day EPA Lead Inspector course is to prepare students for a position as a lead inspector.
- Background Information Regarding the Use of Lead
- Locating Lead in Various Building Components
- Sources of Lead Contamination
- The Potential Health Effects related to Lead Exposure
- Regulatory Review of OSHA, the EPA, and Title X
- Theory and Use of X-Ray Fluorescence Analyzers
- Liability and Insurance Issues
- Lead-Based Paint Testing Operations
- Visual Inspection
- Dust Sampling for Lead Contamination
- Soil Sampling for Lead Contamination
- Sample Analysis and Laboratory Accreditation
- Data Evaluation and Report Preparation
- Regulation #19 Review
EPA – Lead; Requirements for Lead-Based Paint Activities in Target Housing and Child-Occupied Facilities; Final Rule 40 CFR Part 745
OSHA – Lead in General Industry 29 CFR 1910.1025, Lead in Construction 29 CFR 1926.62, Respirator Requirements 29 CFR 1910.134
CDPHE – Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, Regulation No. 19
HUD – Guidelines for the Evaluation and Control of Lead-Based Paint Hazards in Housing, Second Edition (2012), pursuant to Section 1017 (Title X) of the Residential Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Act of 1992.
The material will be presented through various media types including: lectures, slide presentations, videos, and printed material. Hands-on exercises involving XRF report preparation and paint chip sampling are incorporated into the training to familiarize the student with the practical aspects of performing a lead inspection.
Enroll in Lead Inspector Initial 24hrs
Submit your review
Another excellent class and three more days of fun with Frank!
Overall good presentation of materials.
Great resources and handouts to build our own reports.
Time for "Hands on" on field application will be helpful. Thanks Aaron.
Better exercises - something ha will help us out actually pulling samples in the field, etc.
Aaron is an outstanding instructor who is able to convey the material so that everyone can understand.
Great instructor, very informative.
Maybe a lil more hands on exercises for taking samples.
Thank you for this course. Your facility and staff were fantastic.
I won a drawing, so this class was free for me. THANK YOU!!
More exercise could help the LBP Inspector understand more of rules and regs.
Lauren was excellent. She really made sure we understood all of the material.