Lead Abatement Supervisor Initial 32hrsTuesday, August 29 - Friday, September 1
Course Length: 32 Hours
The objective of the four-day EPA Lead Abatement Supervisor course is to prepare students for a position as a lead abatement supervisor.
- Background Information Regarding the Use of Lead
- Locating Lead in Various Building Components
- Sources of Lead Contamination
- The Potential Health Effects related to Lead Exposure
- Legal and Insurance Considerations
- Medical Surveillance
- Site Characterization
- Constructing and Implementing a Safety and Health Plan
- Safety and Health Considerations Other Than Lead
- Respiratory Protection and Personal Protective Equipment
- Regulatory Review of OSHA, the EPA, and Title X
- Identifying Lead Based Paint Hazards
- Controlling Lead Based Paint Hazards
- Abatement Methods
- Constructing a Lead Safe Containment
- Employee Information and Training
- Methods of Project Management
- Lead Hazard Reduction Strategies
- Sampling for Lead and Post-Abatement Clearance
- Lead Waste Disposal
- Effective Methods for Good Community Relations
- Regulation #19 Review
EPA – Lead; Requirements for Lead-Based Paint Activities in Target Housing and Child-Occupied Facilities; Final Rule 40 CFR Part 745
OSHA – Lead in General Industry 29 CFR 1910.1025, Lead in Construction 29 CFR 1926.62, Respirator Requirements 29 CFR 1910.134
CDPHE – Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, Regulation No. 19
HUD – Guidelines for the Evaluation and Control of Lead-Based Paint Hazards in Housing, Second Edition (2012), pursuant to Section 1017 (Title X) of the Residential Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Act of 1992.
The material will be presented through various media types including: lectures, slide presentations, videos, and printed material. Hands-on construction of a lead-safe containment and demonstrations of materials and equipment used in the industry are incorporated into the training to familiarize the student with the practical aspects of performing and supervising a lead abatement job.
Enroll in Lead Abatement Supervisor Initial 32hrs
Submit your review
Great instructor, great class, and a lot of helpful topics were taught, learned and discussed.
You should teach more classes.