Asbestos Project Designer Refresher 8hrsThursday, February 9
Course Length: 8 Hours
The objective of the eight hour AHERA Asbestos Project Designer Refresher Course is to review the relevant and important information given in the Asbestos Project Designer Initial training course, to provide any current or up-to-date information regarding any regulatory changes, changes in state-of-the-art work practices, and/or any other changes to the Asbestos Project Designer discipline.
- Background Information Regarding the Use of Asbestos
- Locating Asbestos In Various Building Components
- Building Survey Protocol and Sample Analysis Background
- The Potential Health Effects Related to Asbestos Exposure
- The Roles of Various Disciplines on an Abatement Project
- Pre-Abatement Activities
- Considerations in Designing Engineering Controls
- Containment Set-up and Sequencing of Abatement Tasks
- Constructing a Decontamination Chamber and Waste Load-Out
- Confining and Minimizing Airborne Asbestos Fibers
- Cleaning Up the Work Area
- Asbestos Waste Disposal Requirements
- Abatement in Occupied Buildings
- Respiratory Protection and Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety and Health Considerations Other Than Asbestos
- Air Sampling/Bulk Sampling and Analytical Methodology
- Post-Removal Lockdown Procedures
- Legal and Insurance Considerations
- Abatement Contract Specifications
- Regulatory Review of OSHA and the EPA
- Regulation #8 Review
AHERA – Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Title II)
ASHARA – Asbestos School Hazard Abatement Reauthorization Act of 1990
EPA – Model Accreditation Plan (MAP), Worker Protection Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart G, Asbestos-containing Materials in School Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart E
OSHA – Asbestos Construction Standard 29 CFR 1926.58, Asbestos General Standard 29CFR 1910.1001, Respirator Requirements 29 CFR 1910.134
NESHAP – National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants 40 CFR Part 61, Subpart M
CDPHE – Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, Regulation No. 8
The material will be presented through various media types including: lectures, slide presentations, videos, and printed material.
Enroll in Asbestos Project Designer Refresher 8hrs
Submit your review
Nice home made snacks! Shows, even more you guys care & go above & beyond.
CHC Training is a reliable company! This class data satisfied my needs and was of excellent value for my money.
He was a very calm and collected, very knowledgeable and polite!
Love Kim Thiel - Great Class
Good class - Good Delivery - experience showed Mike - Good teaching skills, personable
Good use of time and information
Good Job. Specific to Reg 8 & common work practices
Nice, clean, professional training facility with good snacks, drinks and trainer-friendly policy.
Great job. Thanks