Asbestos Project Designer Initial 24hrsMonday, July 17 - Wednesday, July 19
Course Length: 24 Hours
The objective of the three-day AHERA Project Designer course is to prepare students for a position as an asbestos abatement project designer.
- Background Information Regarding the Use of Asbestos
- Locating Asbestos In Various Building Components
- Building Survey Protocol and Sample Analysis Background
- The Potential Health Effects Related to Asbestos Exposure
- The Roles of Various Disciplines on an Abatement Project
- Pre-Abatement Activities
- Considerations in Designing Engineering Controls
- Containment Set-up and Sequencing of Abatement Tasks
- Constructing a Decontamination Chamber and Waste Load-Out
- Confining and Minimizing Airborne Asbestos Fibers
- Cleaning Up the Work Area
- Asbestos Waste Disposal Requirements
- Abatement in Occupied Buildings
- Respiratory Protection and Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety and Health Considerations Other Than Asbestos
- Air Sampling/Bulk Sampling and Analytical Methodology
- Post-Removal Lockdown Procedures
- Legal and Insurance Considerations
- Abatement Contract Specifications
- Regulatory Review of OSHA and the EPA
- Regulation #8 Review
AHERA – Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Title II)
ASHARA – Asbestos School Hazard Abatement Reauthorization Act of 1990
EPA – Model Accreditation Plan (MAP), Worker Protection Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart G, Asbestos-containing Materials in School Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart E
OSHA – Asbestos Construction Standard 29 CFR 1926.58, Asbestos General Standard 29CFR 1910.1001, Respirator Requirements 29 CFR 1910.134
NESHAP – National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants 40 CFR Part 61, Subpart M
CDPHE – Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, Regulation No. 8
The material will be presented through various media types including: lectures, slide presentations, videos, and printed material. Demonstrations with an emphasis on abatement set-up will be conducted to provide students with a practical understanding of developing a project design.
Enroll in Asbestos Project Designer Initial 24hrs
Submit your review
Very knowledgeable on regs and industry.
Awesome I got 95% so he is great.
Thanks so much. Definitely one of the best instructors I've had in my career.
See ya next year
Need more current course material, but Frank was great at pointing out what had changed.