Asbestos Contractor / Supervisor Refresher 8hrsWednesday, March 15
Course Length: 8 Hours
The objective of the eight hour AHERA Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor Refresher Course is to review the relevant and important information given in the Contractor/Supervisor Initial training course, to provide any current or up-to-date information regarding any regulatory changes, changes in state-of-the-art work practices, and/or any other changes to the Contractor/Supervisor discipline.
- Background Information Regarding the Use of Asbestos
- Locating Asbestos in Various Building Components
- The Potential Health Effects Related to Asbestos Exposure
- Legal and Insurance Considerations
- Contract Specifications For Asbestos Abatement
- Pre-Abatement Activities
- Methods of Abatement
- Respiratory Protection and Personal Protective Equipment
- Establishing a Type-C Supplied Air System
- Establishing a Medical Surveillance Program
- Preparing the Work Area and Constructing a Containment
- Constructing a Decontamination Unit and Waste Load-Out
- Confining and Minimizing Airborne Asbestos Fibers
- Safety and Health Considerations Other Than Asbestos
- Cleaning Up the Work Area
- Air Sampling/Bulk Sampling and Analytical Methodology
- Asbestos Waste Disposal Requirements
- Post-Removal Lockdown Procedures
- Regulatory Review of OSHA and the EPA
- Regulation #8 Review
AHERA – Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Title II)
ASHARA – Asbestos School Hazard Abatement Reauthorization Act of 1990
EPA – Model Accreditation Plan (MAP), Worker Protection Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart G, Asbestos-containing Materials in School Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart E
OSHA – Asbestos Construction Standard 29 CFR 1926.58, Asbestos General Standard 29CFR 1910.1001, Respirator Requirements 29 CFR 1910.134
NESHAP – National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants 40 CFR Part 61, Subpart M
CDPHE – Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, Regulation No. 8
The material will be presented through various media types including: lectures, slide presentations, videos, and printed material.
Enroll in Asbestos Contractor / Supervisor Refresher 8hrs
Submit your review
Aaron puts more explanation into the materials and makes it easier to follow the other instructor' I've sat in on.
Great review of all of the important items. Aaron had a super knowledge of material.
Way better than the average training's we've been to.
Aaron is great, a real professional! Very enjoyable class.
Way better class then what I was attending
more on prelearning in preabatement
I enjoy these classes, detailed and informative, the new manuals are much more durable with bookshelf friendly
Great class, Mike is awesome!
Great experience and Dan really knew what he was doing.