The objective of the five-day AHERA Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor Course is to prepare students for a position as a supervisor of asbestos abatement projects.
- Background Information Regarding the Use of Asbestos
- Locating Asbestos in Various Building Components
- The Potential Health Effects Related to Asbestos Exposure
- Legal and Insurance Considerations
- Contract Specifications For Asbestos Abatement
- Pre-Abatement Activities
- Methods of Abatement
- Respiratory Protection and Personal Protective Equipment
- Establishing a Type-C Supplied Air System
- Establishing a Medical Surveillance Program
- Preparing the Work Area and Constructing a Containment
- Constructing a Decontamination Unit and Waste Load-Out
- Confining and Minimizing Airborne Asbestos Fibers
- Safety and Health Considerations Other Than Asbestos
- Cleaning Up the Work Area
- Air Sampling/Bulk Sampling and Analytical Methodology
- Asbestos Waste Disposal Requirements
- Post-Removal Lockdown Procedures
- Regulatory Review of OSHA and the EPA
- Regulation #8 Review
AHERA – Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Title II)
ASHARA – Asbestos School Hazard Abatement Reauthorization Act of 1990
EPA – Model Accreditation Plan (MAP), Worker Protection Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart G, Asbestos-containing Materials in School Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart E
OSHA – Asbestos Construction Standard 29 CFR 1926.58, Asbestos General Standard 29CFR 1910.1001, Respirator Requirements 29 CFR 1910.134
NESHAP – National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants 40 CFR Part 61, Subpart M
CDPHE – Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, Regulation No. 8
The material will be presented through various media types including: lectures, slide presentations, videos, and printed material. Hands-on training and demonstrations of materials and equipment used in the industry are incorporated into the training to familiarize the student with the practical aspects of performing and supervising an asbestos abatement job.
Enroll in Asbestos Contractor / Supervisor Initial 40hrs
Submit your review
The instructor was very knowledgeable!
Instructors were very knowledgeable and helpful with questions.
Excellent class great instructor. More hands on exercises would be nice.
Excellent teacher. Learned a lot.
Knows his stuff very well.
Explained and answered all questions with full explanation.
Kept my attention the whole time and really learned a lot.
AARON HIX IS THE BEST INSTRUCTOR, USING HIS PERSONAL APPROACH AND EXPERIENCES MADE THIS COURSE BETTER. I WILL ALWAYS TAKE A COURSE WITH HIM, HE KNOWS HIS STUFF. THANKS AARON
The instructor was on time, prepared and knowledgeable about the material and answered questions thoroughly. I knew nothing about asbestos abatement and have become efficient enough to pass 100 question test above 80% accuracy.
Growth of learning is showed in the instructors teaching.
Aaron was outstanding, so very knowledgeable. Super Instructor!
Great course & Aaron did great!
Energetic & knowledgeable instructor. Takes time to listen & explains complex concepts in detail.
Bad Ass Instructor!!! Thank You!
Awesome instructor very personable