Asbestos Building Inspector Initial 24hrsMonday, December 19 - Wednesday, December 21
Course Length: 24 Hours
The objective of the three-day AHERA Asbestos Building Inspector Course is to prepare students for a position as an asbestos building inspector.
- Background Information Regarding the use of Asbestos
- Locating Asbestos in Various Building Components
- The Potential Health Effects Related to Asbestos Exposure
- Legal Liabilities of Asbestos Building Inspectors
- Insurance and Bonding Requirements for Asbestos Building Inspectors
- Understanding Building Systems
- Contract Documents
- Functions, Qualifications, and the Role of Building Inspectors
- Public, Employee, and Building Occupant Relations
- Pre-Inspection Planning and Review of Prior Inspection Records
- Inspecting for Friable Asbestos Containing Building Material
- Assessing the Condition of Friable Asbestos Containing Building Material
- Bulk Sampling of Suspect Materials
- Respiratory Protection and Personal Protective Equipment
- Recordkeeping and Writing the Inspection Report
- Regulatory Review of OSHA and the EPA
AHERA – Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Title II)
ASHARA – Asbestos School Hazard Abatement Reauthorization Act of 1990
EPA – Model Accreditation Plan (MAP), Worker Protection Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart G, Asbestos-containing Materials in School Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart E
OSHA – Asbestos Construction Standard 29 CFR 1926.58, Asbestos General Standard 29 CFR 1910.1001, Respirator Requirements 29 CFR 1910.134, OSHA Class III Operations Training
NESHAP – National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants 40 CFR Part 61, Subpart M
CDPHE – Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, Regulation No. 8
The material will be presented through various media types including: lectures, slide presentations, videos, and printed material. Hands-on training and demonstrations of materials and equipment used in the industry are incorporated into the training to familiarize the student with the practical aspects of performing an asbestos building inspection. A field trip is also included as part of the course which will give students an opportunity to conduct a walk-through inspection and hold an on-site discussion regarding material assessment and sample locations.
Meet CHC Training – your ongoing resource for expert information and education pertaining to the asbestos building inspector discipline. Meet your expert instructor hand selected by CHC Training for being both at the top of their industry and for receiving continual positive student assessment scores.
02 Background Information
To become familiar with the history and uses of asbestos.
03 Health Effects of Asbestos Exposure
04 Legal & Insurance Considerations for Building Inspectors
Enroll in Asbestos Building Inspector Initial 24hrs
We're sorry, but this class is full.
You may select another date, if available, on the Asbestos Building Inspector Initial 24hrs Course Page
Submit your review
Good instructor kept things light and easy going but remained in control with flow of the day.
hello i just took the asbestos building inspector classmike was a great instructor and i will be back for future trainings that our company may needthanks
I really enjoyed & learned a lot in this class. I knew a little about asbestos but not what I learned in the past 3 days.
Good knowledge and skills.
Excellent class, makes it very easy to understand and follow for anyone, regardless of material knowledge.
Material presented well with good anecdotes/stories/references.
Honestly entire class was great. Frank knows his stuff and is entertaining.
Great real world experiences
Training manual seems repetitive. Hence jump from section to section for similar subject matter.
Excellent class, I taken asbestos classes in the past that have put me to sleep. I was able to stay with the class good use of time and interesting.
Highly recommend this instructor to anyone. Pleasure taking this class.