Asbestos Awareness 2hrsMonday, October 23
Course Length: 2 Hours
This class is designed to provide students with basic information about asbestos and its hazards and to identify typical asbestos containing materials. This training does not certify the attendee to work with asbestos rather, through education, teaches the attendee how to avoid costly mistakes when working around asbestos containing materials. Upon completion of this course participants will have a basic understanding of what asbestos is, where asbestos can be found, and certificate documenting their attendance. This course satisfies recommendations put in place by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This 2 hour course is based on AHERA – 40 CFR 763.92(a)(1) which states that the following must be covered:
- Information regarding asbestos and its various uses and forms
- Information on the health effects associated with asbestos exposure
- Locations of asbestos identified throughout each building in which they work
- Recognition of damaged, deteriorated, and de-laminated asbestos containing materials
- Name and telephone number of the asbestos coordinator (client specific)
This course is also in compliance with OSHA’s Occupational Safety and Health Standards, Subpart Z, Asbestos – 1910.1001 (j)(k)(iv) and 1926.1101 (k)(9)(vi)
Enroll in Asbestos Awareness 2hrs
Submit your review
I left class thinking I need to be more aware of my surrounding at my workplace.
Actual samples - excellent training tool. Handbook is a great reference. Covered necessary / required info but in a format that used day to day examples.
Very good presentation
Best training I've ever been to! :) was easy to follow along