The objective of the Asbestos Air Monitoring Specialist (AMS) Refresher course is to review the relevant and important information given in the AMS Initial training course, and to provide any current or up-to-date information regarding any regulatory changes, changes in state-of-the-art work practices, and/or any other changes to the AMS discipline.
- Background Information Regarding the Use of Asbestos
- Locating Asbestos in Various Building Components
- The Potential Health Effects Related to Asbestos Exposure
- Understanding Building Systems
- Contract Documents
- Abatement Response and Control Options
- Respiratory Protection and Personal Protection Equipment
- Safety and Health Issues Other Than Asbestos
- Roles and Responsibilities of an Air Monitoring Specialist
- Air Monitoring Techniques and Strategies
- Proper Performance of a Visual Inspection and Clearance Air Monitoring
- Legal and Insurance Issues
OSHA – Asbestos Construction Standard 29 CFR 1926.58, Asbestos General Standard 29CFR 1910.1001, Respirator Requirements 29 CFR 1910.134
NESHAP – National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants 40 CFR Part 61, Subpart M
CDPHE – Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, Regulation No. 8
The material will be presented through various media types including: lectures, slide presentations, videos, and printed material.
Enroll in Air Monitoring Specialist Refresher 4hrs
Submit your review
I have had Kim Thiel as an instructor before for refreshers, he is a great instructor, knows the material and presents it to help in real life and apply it to the test.
Kim Thiel know the information needed.
Quality instruction & quality training provider. Thanks for all drinks & snacks.
Been searching for Kim Thiel's class for years, very excited to be in attendance, always learn more in his class.
Best AMS Refresher teacher around.
Love Kim!!! Kim Kept us here 12:01pm
Nice facility, thank you.