Any individual who performs a final visual inspection or performs any air monitoring referred to in Colorado Regulation No. 8, must be certified as an Air Monitoring Specialist (AMS). This initial course is a Division-approved AMS class and successful completion satisfies the training requirements listed in Regulation No. 8, section II.D.3.a.(i).
Our expert instructors will use practical knowledge and visual aids to discuss topics such as the roles and responsibilities of an AMS, understanding building construction and system design, asbestos abatement processes and equipment, PPE, and the ins and outs of conducting visual inspections and final air clearances. Upon completion of the course, the student will have an understanding of the theory behind an AMS as well as knowledge of the current methodologies available to perform job tasks effectively.
Prerequisite: The student shall possess a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Background Information Regarding the Use of Asbestos
- Locating Asbestos in Various Building Components
- The Potential Health Effects Related to Asbestos Exposure
- Understanding Building Systems
- Contract Documents
- Abatement Response and Control Options
- Respiratory Protection and Personal Protection Equipment
- Safety and Health Issues Other Than Asbestos
- Roles and Responsibilities of an Air Monitoring Specialist
- Air Monitoring Techniques and Strategies
- Proper Performance of a Visual Inspection and Clearance Air Monitoring
- Legal and Insurance Issues
CDPHE – Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, Regulation No. 8
OSHA – Asbestos Construction Standard 29 CFR 1926.58, Asbestos General Standard 29CFR 1910.1001, Respirator Requirements 29 CFR 1910.134
NESHAP – National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants 40 CFR Part 61, Subpart M
The material will be presented through various media types including: lectures, slide presentations, videos, and printed material.
Enroll in Air Monitoring Specialist Initial 32hrs
We're sorry, but this class is full.
You may select another date, if available, on the Air Monitoring Specialist Initial 32hrs Course Page